The Season of Advent includes the four Sundays before Christmas, and is symbolized by lights that brighten the darkness. It’s a time of preparation for the coming of Christ and leads us to a glorious Christmas celebration. This is an important time for parents to help their children understand the reason for the season. Join us for worship during Advent, Saturdays @ 5pm in the Chapel or Sundays @10am in the main Sanctuary. Sunday’s services include a Time for Children, special music by our choir, and our creative Sunday School and activities program for children. On Sundays, a nursery is staffed and available.
ACTIVITIES DURING ADVENT
- Saturday, November 28 and Sunday, November 29 — Advent begins with the lighting of candles on the Advent wreath with symbolism explained. Hanging of the Greens, decorating Sanctuary, Chapel and Fellowship Hall, preparing a mission project, children’s activities, potluck lunch immediately after worship.
- Saturday, December 5 and Sunday, December 6 — Holy Communion is served at both services and is open to everyone, including non-members and children.
- Sunday, December 6 — Paper Bag Christmas Pageant, a re-telling of the timeless story for all ages, with potluck supper, 5pm to 6:30pm.
- Saturday, December 12 — Our 5pm chapel service will be one of stories, carols, and prayers.
- Sunday, December 13 — Children will lead our worship at 10 am with their annual Christmas Pageant and special music. We’ll also be collecting a special offering for the Christmas Fund, providing aid for retired church workers.
- Friday, December 18 — Join us for caroling! Meet at the church at 6:30pm, and we’ll carol at a local nursing home.
- Sunday, December 20–Joyful worship with special music by the Saint Cecelia String Trio.
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
- 6:00 PM — our intergenerational service with candlelight. It’s planned to hold the attention of kids, yet warm the hearts of adults as well.
- 9:00 PM –our traditional candlelight service of lessons and carols with music from the choir and soloists.
- Saturday, December 26 — No Chapel service
- Sunday, December 27 — The Joy continues with special music from Messiah’s Messengers and the Handbell Choir