The Season of Advent includes the four Sundays before Christmas, and is symbolized by lights that brighten the darkness. It’s a time of preparation for the coming of Christ and leads us to a glorious Christmas celebration. This is an important time for parents to help their children understand the reason for the season. Join us for worship during Advent, Saturdays @ 5pm in the Chapel or Sundays @10am in the main Sanctuary. Sunday’s services include a Time for Children, special music by our choir, and our creative Sunday School and activities program for children. On Sundays, a nursery is staffed and available.
ACTIVITIES DURING ADVENT
- Saturday, Dec 2 and Sunday, Dec 3 — Advent begins with the lighting of candles on the Advent wreath with symbolism explained. Holy Communion is served at both services and is open to everyone, including non-members and children.
- Sunday, December 3, 4pm — Free organ concert in the sanctuary
- Saturday, December 16 — Our 5pm chapel service will be one of stories, carols, and prayers. Join us for caroling at a local nursing home at 6pm.
- Sunday, December 17 — Children, youth and adults will lead our worship at 10 am with our annual Christmas Pageant and special music.
- Sunday, December 17–Christmas Concert at 7pm with our Chancel Choir and Steppin’ Out providing songs of the season.
CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICES
- 10 AM — our regular Sunday morning service
- 6:00 PM — intergenerational service with candlelight. It’s planned to hold the attention of kids, yet warm the hearts of adults as well.
- 9:00 PM –traditional candlelight service of lessons and carols with music from the choir and soloists